Dr. Pavel Stourac was born in 1959 in Nove Mesto na Morave, Czech Republic. Training: 1987 first neurological qualification; 1990 second neurological qualification. 1992 Karolinska Institutet, Huddibìnge Hospital, Sweden, where He acquainted with methods used in neuroimmunological research; in 1997 he worked in the Dept. Of Neurology, University of Barcelona, where, under the supervision of. F Graus, he was trained in immunoblot detection of paraneoplastic anti-neuronal antibodies; 1998 visiting researcher in the Dept. of Neurology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York. He finished his PhD in Masaryk University in 2001. At present, Dr Stourac is working in a neuroimmunological laboratory where we detect paraneoplastic anti-neuronal antibodies for medical facilities in Czech Republic.
Jana Bednáøová MD.
Immunohistochemistry and immunoblot techniques to detect onconeural antibodies.
Areas of interest:
Treatment of paraneoplastic neurological syndromes associated with anti-Hu, Yo and Ri antibodies.
1. Štourac P, Kadaòka Z, Palyza V. Paraneoplastic neurological syndromes patients cohort profile in the Czech Republic. Acta Neurol Scand 2001:104:72-77.
2. Bartoš A, Štouraè P, Rusina R.et al. Paraneoplastische Degeneration des Kleinhirns bei Ovarialkarzinom. Anti-Yo positive Immunreaktivitat der Kleinhirn und Tumorzellen. Nervenartzt 2002;73:995-998.
3. Stourac P. Paraneoplastic neurological diseases-laboratory diagnostics and clinical patterns. Czech and Slov. Neurology and neurosurgery, 1996: 56-57
4. Stourac P, Dolezil D, Kvapilova H, Kadanka Z. Autoimmune paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration -–laboratory and clinical analysis. Czech and Slov. Neurology and neurosurgery, 2000:2(63/96) :97-101.
5. Stourac P, Kadanka Z. Autoimmune paraneoplastic encephalomyelitis7sensory neuronopathy – laboratory and clinical analysis. Czech and Slov. Neurology and neurosurgery, 2000: 5(63/96) :274- 278.